This award is presented annually by the Board of Directors for the Society for Pediatric Sedation® to an international pediatric sedation colleague in recognition of their extraordinary contributions to safe, high quality procedural sedation care for children. In the spirit of the vision, innovation, and perseverance demonstrated by Dr. George T. Blike and Dr. Joseph P. Cravero, the award recognizes this individual’s significant impact on the discipline of pediatric sedation and their dedication to making a positive difference for children worldwide.
Award recipient will receive a letter of recognition, complimentary SPS individual membership for one year, complimentary registration to the SPS Annual Conference, $2000 toward travel to the conference and lodging in the host hotel.
Criteria for nomination:
- Activities and accomplishments actively promote the tenets of the society’s mission.
- Safe, high quality procedural sedation care
- Innovative research promoting evidence-based care
- Quality professional education
- Actively involved in clinical pediatric sedation care in any health professions discipline (i.e., nursing, pharmacy, child life, physician, etc.) outside of North America.
- Ideal to recognize an international professional
- Consideration will also be given to North American professionals who have a significant clinical practice impact in an international location
- Ideally an individual for whom increased visibility and involvement with the SPS will improve access to and quality of pediatric procedural sedation care in their institution/region.
- Ideally an individual who would be willing to present a summary of their/their country or region’s sedation practice as a plenary session or breakout at the SPS annual conference.
Nominations for 2019 are now closed.
2019 Janey Phelps, MD, FAAP
2018 Hye Young Jang, MD
2017 George Blike, MD and Joseph P. Cravero, MD